Skip to content
- Cumin Seeds
- Olive oil
- Veggie Broth
- Rotini Pasta
- Heat 2Tbsp olive oil in a pan at medium heat. Add 1 Tbsp cumin seeds and cook about 1 minute (will turn golden and fragrant but should not burn)
- Add three chopped carrots, chopped fennel stalk, 1/2 chopped onion. Cook until slightly softened and onions translucent.
- Add 2 minced garlic cloves, 1 tsp rosemary, 1 tsp thyme, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp black pepper. Mix together. Cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add 6c vegetable broth. Turn heat up to high and bring to a boil.
- Once mixture is boiling, add 1 can chickpeas (rinsed) and 1 1/2c dried rotini pasta. Cover and then simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add 2 Tbsp chopped cilantro and 1 pinch cayenne powder. Mix. Continue to cook until pasta al dente if not already cooked through.