Happy Lunar New Year! Stir Fry nights are cause for celebration in themselves, especially since it is a quick one-pot meal!
- Avocado Oil
- Sesame Oil
- Bell Peppers
- Soy Sauce or Liquid Aminos
- Sweet Chili Sauce
- Chili Garlic Sauce
- Crushed Red Pepper
- Umami Powder
- Brown Rice
- Prepare Rice (or use leftovers): Rinse 1/2c brown rice, add rinsed rice and 1 1/4 c water to a pot and bring to a boil on high. Once water is bubbling, set heat to low, cover pot, and simmer rice for 16-20 mins (check every 2 mins after 16 mins to avoid it drying out)
- Heat a wok on medium-high heat
- Chop vegetables to whatever size you prefer. I like large chunks as they hold the flavors and sauces well…and easy to eat with chopsticks!
- Add 1-2 tsp oil to the wok – just enough to coat the sides and bottom. Any extra can be poured out into a bowl to use later. Add 2 tsp minced garlic to the oil to infuse the oil for about 20 sec.
- Add 1 1/2 c chopped mushrooms and move it around the wok so it gets coated in oil. You always want to move around ingredients in a wok frequently to avoid burning. Turn heat down to medium heat.
- After 2 minutes, add 1 sliced red bell pepper and 1/3 c cashews. Mix together. Season with 1/4 tsp black pepper and 1/4 tsp chili garlic sauce. Cook another 2 minutes.
- Add chopped onions (I chop them into large slices or wedges; they will sauté nicely this way without burning while the other ingredients cook through). Mix into other veggies and cook another 2 minutes.
- Add 2 c broccoli (I keep the florets whole, no need to chop) and 1/4 tsp sesame oil.
- Add 1-2 tsp minced ginger or ginger paste. Mix through.
- Add cooked rice. Mix.
- Season with 1/4 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp Umami powder, 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- Add more salt and pepper to taste
- Serve hot!
TIPSIn a stir fry, I make all the veggies different shapes so that they do not stack and can each absorb the sauces
– I cut mushrooms into quarters if baby bella and slices if shiitake, onions into wedges, bell peppers into strips, and keep broccoli in whole florets
The following are affiliate links to products I used. Commission from affiliate link purchases help maintain this website with no extra cost to you. Primarily, I just hope it is helpful!