A mix of various veggies, all of which can be substituted for whatever is on hand, to serve as a main meal or added to a bowl of quinoa, pasta, or salad, or on top of a flatbread.
- Olive Oil or Avocado Oil
- Large Chili Peppers (Hatch or Mexican Chilis)
- Sweet Peppers
- White Beans
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Italian Seasoning
- Black Pepper
- Optional: sliced black olives, cooked quinoa
- Preheat oven to 425ºF
- Heat 2 Tbsp oil in a pan at medium heat
- Cut fennel into wedges and sauté in the oil for about 4 minutes, turning halfway to cook evenly
- Add sliced or chopped Mexican peppers or other hot pepper (~1/2 c) and 1/3 c sliced sweet peppers
- Add one sliced zucchini
- Add 4 garlic cloves, sliced. Mix together.
- Season with 1 Tbsp Italian Seasoning, 2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes, 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Add 1c broccoli florets and 2 Tbsp water. Mix
- Cook until broccoli turns bright green from the steam (~2 minutes)
- Add 1/2 tsp salt
- Place in an oven-safe dish (or if pan is oven-safe, you can place that directly in the oven). Cook at 425ºF for 12 minutes.
- Add 1 can (or 2 1/2 cups) white beans, rinsed. Mix together. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste. Top with sliced black olives if desired. Sprinkle with another 1 tsp crushed red pepper. Place back in oven for 4-6 minutes, until heated through.
- Serve immediately with some bread or over cooked quinoa