- Tinkyada Organic Brown Rice Pasta (they have all pasta varieties)
- Simple Truth Plant Based Alfredo Sauce
- crushed red pepper
- Cook pasta – I made 1/2c dry pasta. This pasta only needs to boil for 2 minutes and then turn off flame and cover pot allowing the pasta to cook through for 14-16 more minutes — this method prevents it from getting too mushy
- While pasta cooks, sauté the jalapeños (two peppers fresh from my garden!) and spinach (2c chopped)
- Add seasoning (1 tsp salt + 1 tsp pepper + 1/4 tsp garlic)
- Add pasta to the peppers and spinach. Add the sauce (2-3 Tbsp)
- Warm through. Do not allow sauce to bubble.
- Sprinkle crushed red pepper on top (as much as you can tolerate). Other great toppings would be basil, oregano, or rosemary.
TIPS* Add more veggies for a heartier meal. Mushrooms, bell peppers, and onions can be sautéed with the jalapeño peppers along with freshly chopped garlic
* Veggies can be added on the side as bruschetta or just as a side of roasted vegetables
* A veggie burger or sausage can top the meal – Field Roast Apple & Sage sausage tastes amazing with pasta