I have never eaten or cooked fennel prior to making this dish and it was delicious and adds great flavor to the other vegetables so I kept the seasonings simple.
- Small Red Potatoes
- Cherry or Grape Tomatoes
- White Beans
- crushed red pepper
- Preheat oven to 425ºF
- Heat 2 Tbsp olive oil in a pan at medium heat – stainless steel or cast iron is best for medium to high heat cooking
- Cut fennel into wedges and sauté in the oil for about 4 minutes, turning halfway to cook evenly
- Add quartered red potatoes (although this will depend on size of potatoes, bite-sized wedges are best to cook evenly at same time as other veggies). Cook another 5 minutes.
- Add 4 garlic cloves, sliced. Mix together.
- Add 1c sliced baby bella mushrooms (or any other mushrooms will do)
- Sauté for another 2-3 minutes
- Add 1/2 – 1c tomatoes, 3 tsp dried oregano, and 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Place in an oven-safe dish (or if pan is oven-safe, you can place that directly in the oven). Cook at 425F for 15 minutes.
- Add 1 can (or 2 1/2 cups) white beans, rinsed. Mix together. Season with 1/4 tsp salt and 2 tsp crushed red pepper. Place back in oven for 4-6 minutes, until heated through.
- Serve immediately