- Sweet Peppers
- Red Onion
- Serrano Peppers
- Nutritional Yeast
- Red Chili Powder
- Coriander Powder
- Heat oil (I used avocado) on medium heat
- Add chopped garlic and chopped green chilis or green chili paste to the oil (this infuses it with flavor). Mix together and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Add 2-3 Tbsp chopped onion and 1/4c chopped sweet peppers. Sauté for 3-4 minutes
- Season with pinch of salt and pepper, 1/4 tsp cumin powder, pinch of red chili powder
- Add tofu, while breaking it up with your hands (it will easily crumble). I used a 14 oz block of extra firm tofu but silken tofu or any other type will work.
- Add 1/2 tsp turmeric, 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast, and more salt and pepper to taste. Mix together. Heat through for about 6-8 minutes. Continue to break up tofu to consistency desired.
- Add 2 Tbsp chopped cilantro. Mix through.
TIPSAny type of tofu can be used. Any amount of tofu and vegetables can be used depending on preference.
Tofu scramble can be eaten on its own, on a piece of toast, or rolled up in a tortilla.
Extra scramble mix can be refrigerated and reheated on a skillet as desired. It could probably last for a week in the fridge considering all the spices in it so it shouldn’t spoil, however, I do not have an exact timeline as it has never lasted long in my fridge since I eat it all within a couple days.