Usually I load toppings onto a baked sweet potato but ready made fries work too and it is much faster and easier to devour!
- Sweet Potato Fries (I use Alexa Chipotle Sweet Potato Fries)
- Red Onions
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Romaine Lettuce
- Vegan Tzatziki
- Cumin Powder
- Red Chili Powder
- Fresh Cilantro or Parsley (or dried versions if fresh not available)
- Other optional seasonings, all of which I use: Channa Masala, Coriander Powder, Garlic Powder
- Vegan Mozzarella Style Shreds (Daiya melts best)
- Bake 2c sweet potato fries as per instructions
- In a bowl, combine 1 can chickpeas (rinsed and drained), one chopped tomato, 2 Tbsp chopped onion, 1 Tbsp minced garlic, and 1 tsp vinegar, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper, 1/2 tsp cumin powder, 1/4 tsp red chili powder, 1 Tbsp fresh cilantro or parsley (or 2 tsp dried parsley + 1 tsp coriander powder), and 1/2 tsp channa masala — only 1/2 of this mix is needed per serving, but I like to season all the chickpeas to use for other dishes or eat raw
- Once fries are done, push the fries close together and sprinkle with 2 Tbsp cheese and place back into the warm oven for two minutes (oven can be turned off)
- Arrange fries on a plate, top with 1/2 c chopped Romaine lettuce, half the chickpea mix, and 3 Tbsp Tzatziki. Garnish with more fresh cilantro or parsley.
3 thoughts on “Loaded Sweet Potato Fries”