Not to be dramatic, but this is the best breakfast burrito I have ever had in my entire life and I had to post it immediately. It’s also got >40 grams of protein!
791 calories* | 41g protein | 92g carbs | 15g fiber | 29g fat (only 2g saturated fat)
*I follow the principle of breakfast like a queen, lunch like a princess, dinner like a pauper. Energy is needed throughout the day and best front-loaded rather than sitting around on your gut at the end of the day if all eaten with dinner.
- Just Egg Liquid
- Black Beans
- Baby Bella Mushrooms
- Sweet Peppers
- Red Onion
- Fire Roasted Tomatoes with Green Chilis
- Nutritional Yeast
- Garlic Powder
- Taco Seasoning
- Roasted Cumin Powder
- Black Pepper
- Avocado Oil
- Optional: additional hot sauce
- Heat 1/2 Tbsp avocado oil in a pan on medium-low heat
- Add 3 Tbsp chopped red onion, 2 chopped sweet peppers, 1/4 chopped jalapeno (adjust to taste, mine was spicy), and 4 sliced baby bella mushrooms (~1/3 c)
- Arrange mushrooms in single layer so they cook through. Flip after two minutes.
- Season with pinch roasted cumin powder, salt, pepper, and cinnamon
- Add 1/2 can black beans. Stir.
- Add 2 Tbsp fire roasted tomatoes with green chilis
- Season with 3 Tbsp nutritional yeast, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 Tbsp taco seasoning, 1 tsp oregano, and 1/4 tsp black pepper +/- salt if more is needed
- Add about 2-3 Tbsp water to help thicken the seasoning and make the mixture smoother. Mix through and create a well in the middle of the mixture.
- Pour ~1/4 c Just Egg into the well. Just as it starts to set, mix it into the rest of the ingredients. Mix frequently to avoid overcooking the Just Egg — Note: it will not be the typical yellow egg-y appearance due to all the spices so it looks more like ground ‘meat’. Once there is no liquid, it is cooked through (~3 mins)
- Spoon mix down the center of a large tortilla
- Spoon some salsa on top and then roll tightly
- I poured Taco Bell Fire Sauce onto each bite, but it absolutely was not needed (I just have a hot sauce habit)
3 thoughts on “Vegan Breakfast Burrito”
Hi. New here. I’ve never heard of Just Egg Liquid, so I looked it up. How exciting! I haven’t been able to eat real (chicken) eggs for several years. So happy I saw your post. Your burrito looks amazing.
LikeLiked by 1 person
I am so happy you saw this post as well! The burrito was sooo good, thank you!
LikeLiked by 1 person