This is a toasty, crispy, creamy, Italian-style grilled “cheese” sandwich with tomatoes and greens.
- Nutritional Yeast
- Oat Milk
- Olive Oil
- Mixed Greens
- Make cheesy spread by adding ingredients to a food processor: ~10oz extra firm tofu (about 2/3 of a typical block of tofu) + 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast + 2-3 cloves garlic + 1 Tbsp dried or fresh chopped parsley + 1 Tbsp oregano + 1/4 tsp salt + 1/4 tsp black pepper + 2 Tbsp lemon juice + 2 Tbsp oat milk. Puree.
- Heat up a griddle or panini press
- Spread vegan mayo or olive oil onto two slices of bread
- Grill one side of each slice of bread for 1-2 minutes
- Spread the cheese spread onto the grilled side of each slice of bread
- Top one slice with sliced tomato. Season with pinch of salt and pepper, and 1/4 tsp oregano.
- Top tomato with greens. Sprinkle additional pinch of salt and pepper as desired
- Add slice of vegan provolone if desired. I used a Chao slice. Homemade mozzarella would be an amazing addition to the creaminess
- Place into sandwich maker or panini press, or simply grill each side on a griddle